Steps toward the Future: How IBM DB2 is changing the Game
August 27, 2014 1 Comment
Welcome to the New Age of database technology!
IBM DB2 with BLU Acceleration changes the game for in-memory computing. Due the importance of in-memory computing, we created a dedicated website to take you through all the details, references, and more: www.ibmbluhub.com ! This website is in place to help clients and prospects understand what next-gen in-memory computing can do for them and why IBM BLU is the ideal in-memory database to deliver fast answers.
A few examples of how IBM BLU has helped other clients find their ideal balance between speed and quality:
- Regulatory reporting is a huge challenge for all banks – Handelsbanken, one of the most profitable banks in the world, is currently doing reports monthly but are expected to do them daily in the near future. DB2 with BLU Acceleration has helped Handelsbanken analysts get the data they need for daily reports via columnar store. Learn more by watching this video: http://bit.ly/1u7urAA
- Deploying DB2 with BLU Acceleration is simple – with only a handful of commands, you can turn on analytics mode, create a new or auto-configure an existing database to make best use of your hardware for analytics, and then load the data. Learn more from this IBM Redbook that introduces the concepts of DB2 with BLU Acceleration from ground up and describe the technologies that work hand-in-hand with BLU Acceleration: Architecting and Deploying IBM DB2 with BLU Acceleration in Your Analytical Environment.
- Get the FACTS and stay current by subscribing to the ibmbluhub.com newsletter.
– IBM DB2 with BLU Acceleration is a revolutionary technology and delivers breakthrough performance improvements for analytic queries by using dynamic in-memory columnar technologies.
– Different from other vendor solutions, BLU Acceleration allows the unified computing of online transaction processing (OLTP) and analytics data inside a single database, therefore, removing barriers and accelerating results for users. With observed hundredfold improvement in query response time, BLU Acceleration provides a simple, fast, and easy-to-use solution for the needs of today’s organizations; quick access to business answers can be used to gain a competitive edge, lower costs, and more.
– Subscribe to the newsletter to continue learning about this hot in-memory database. You will receive a periodic iNews email, which links to what’s new. Just click and learn: http://www.ibmbluhub.com/blu-inews/
If this information suits your needs, be sure to follow @IBM_DB2 on twitter. Get your information as it is being published.