Tweetchat on Fraud Prevention in Banking
August 4, 2014 Leave a comment
On August 7 ‘14, at 11 AM EDT, IBM Data Management team is privileged to have Robert L. Palmer, James Kobielus, and Wilson Davis join us on a tweetchat to share their expertise on #FraudPrevention in Banking. Some topics that we shall be soliciting your opinion(s) on are:
- Q1: Are fraudulent activities in banking increasing or decreasing? Why?
- Q2: What are some key business impacts of fraud?
- Q3: What measures can be taken to identify potential fraudulent transactions?
- Q4: What analytics do you need to detect fraud?
- Q5: What data sources can contribute to the analytics?
- Q6: How can your systems analyze transactions as they occur?
- Q7: How can new technologies such as in-memory analytics help in fraud detection?
- Q8: Where can I learn more?
Here’s what you need to do to join our conversation to contribute or just listen:
- Go to twubs.com or tweetdeck.com
- Sign in with your twitter handle
- Search on #FraudPrevention
- A new window will open that makes it easy for you to follow and contribute.
If you plan to contribute to our tweetchat, please review the tips at slideshare since the chat can be very fast paced. Suggested resources relevant to the topic include:
- How to Mitigate Fraud and Cyber Threats with Big Data and Analytics
- IBM data management for banking
- Best practices to deploy IBM Banking Data Warehouse model to #IBMBLU for production
- Attract and retain customers with always-on digital mobile banking services
- Fight against fraud in real-time and save on operating expenses
- Customize offers to your clients with the data already at your fingertips
- World’s top 5 most secure bank is becoming more strategic and more profitable
- Regulatory reporting headaches? See how @Handelsbanken solved their reporting challenges
More about our panelists:
Robert L. Palmer (@bigdatabusiness) Global Banking Industry Marketing, Big Data, IBM
Bob’s expertise is applying B2B software to optimize key business processes. He is a subject matter expert in financial services, and writes about business challenges, Big Data, analytics, CRM, cognitive computing, and information management.
James Kobielus (@jameskobielus) Senior Program Director, Big Data Analytics, IBM
James is a popular speaker and thought leader in big data, Hadoop, enterprise data warehousing, advanced analytics, business intelligence, data management and next best action technologies.
Wilson Davis (@wilsondavisibm) Executive Technical Consultant – Counter Fraud iCoC, IBM
Wilson’s specialties include financial and operational data analytics, counter-fraud and anti-money laundering, straight-through-processing, and game changing improvements in business processes and application systems for the financial services industry.
The data advantage: Creating value into today’s digital world
IBM Institute for Business Value is looking to understand how organizations around the globe are creating business value from analytics. If you can spare a few minutes to participate in the survey, you’d be the first to receive a copy of the study when it is released in October 2014. 2014 Analytics Survey
Follow Radha on Twitter @radgo1